Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_aPeezD7PZDbW4g77FWz0OJbz-x7NARYEFhkoTIkbCiI7xGx43Ye-3g2BRQtleDnR_Vi>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:23:30 +1200

At 01:07 p.m. 19/04/2007, you wrote:
>--- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Metcalfe
><metcalph_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > At 12:40 p.m. 19/04/2007, you wrote:
> > >--- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, Michael Hitchens
> >
> > >Gods of Glorantha Krarsht: Chaos, Undeath (I think that's the
>undead
> > >rune)
> >
> > In Tales 8, it's described as Hunger.
> >
> > >And the passage reads:
> >
> > >"Larneste, the patron of Change once saw the squirming being of
> > >Krarsht and sought to elimiate the **chaos evil** from the world.
> > >When he tried to step on the foulness, however, Krarsht sprang to
> > >bite the god, breaking his divine skin and infecting the wound
> > >immediately."
> >
> > Where are you quoting from? It doesn't occur in the Prosopedia
> > or the Krarsht writeup.
>
>Cults of Glorantha, p 311.

In other words, you left out the "It is thought" that immediately preceded "Larnste". I would have expect better debating standards from you but I have been disappointed in the past.

>Hey, if you can pick and chose your data, why not let others have the
>same courtesy?

Excuse me? I'm not dogmatically shooting down a novel interpretation of Krarsht with misleading source quotations. I'm just defending my interpretation which you and Micheal Hitchens seem to want to destroy at all possible costs.

>As far as I am concerned, she's a chaotic being.

Good for you.

--Peter Metcalfe