Re: Dragonewt hewing-spear

From: David Dunham <david_at_6kzt8Nz8LuuNs3CGIiItYWb3GCEAJtraL_3K_quA5rSoIh8NS82YWKlOKXLi_xWq_E0jxI>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:44:56 -0700

Rob

>Do dragonewts use atlatls (handheld javelin throwers)? I've
>seen them on Runequest weapon lists, but wasn't sure if anyone in
>Glorantha used them. It seems like the kind of thing that might appeal
>to EWF Orlanthi warriors.

 From memory: dragonewts use slings and arrows.

I remember my wife's Griffin Island character using an atlatl, so they're likely present in Balazar at the very least.

The best movie portrayal of atlatls I've seen is in Quest for Fire.

Note that most so-called flint "arrowheads" are actually projectile points, fired from atlatls not bows.

--

David Dunham