Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Paul King <paul_at_oMOA9mZHtKOIgtl-JpMMCSNQoOF9oG3nvDKe8chrpp_5Hd_GAiQx365eYyhfVxo9lruWr4a>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:23:45 +0100

On 23 Apr 2007, at 15:33, Chris Lemens wrote:

> I agree with Michael on this point. There is a table in one of the
> old RQ books that assigns chaos features randomly. This is what I
> have always understood "chaos feature" to mean. If that has
> changed, I missed it. Defining ogres' ogreness as a chaos feature
> does nothing helpful.

I've got to admit that defining "being chaotic" as "having a chaos feature" and then insisting that "being chaotic" is a chaotic feature in itself seems to be rather begging the question.

However, I think the basic idea is salvageable. As well as Random Chaotic Features - the chart - there seem to be others, that are non- random. The strength and sharp teeth of ogres. The unnatural fertility of broo. The Thanatari tarnishing of silver. If you include these it may be workable.