Re: Character creation

From: Kenrae <kenrae_at_ymp2ieSG_aAClkPjs9iNTvFtMOC9h6RD-HmKlswqrAqLTNxzX4zVRkKWTHPgJDZBZOL2I>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:47:33 +0200

> Posted by: "PF Hegoburu - ICCF M&SD" pfhegoburu_at_SyPMZcnKcHMqHnEv27lLLZG_NNvT4bW9U47KVe8l02kXknNpFQn33ib65QZaPzzT2aP-MKsWICDk5w.yahoo.invalid fede_avatar
> Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:23 pm (PST)
>
> (...)
> What I thought I had used was a more comprehensive set of tables, but they were
> nowhere to be found. I think it would be great if Character Creation were more "tidy". The
> way we play is "whatever the dice say, that's the character you get", which is the
> antithesis of AD&D where the player chooses "Elf, Magic-User". Do others in this list
> play like this or do you choose the character you are going to play?

Hi fede,

In my group, we choose what we want to play. First the general settings (i.e: an orlanthi clan, an errant heterogenous band, etc.), and afterwards the characters. In our last campaigns, we haven't used the dice in character creation at all, everybody chooses what he exactly wants to play. If you want a character with 18 INT, or STR, or whatever, so be it.

That's RuneQuest, in HeroQuest it's this way by default anyway.

The only books I remember in Spanish that had global character creation tables are: "RuneQuest Avanzado" (which is generic, not gloranthan) and "Genertela".

Cheers,
-Sergi