Re: Harsaltar the Terrible and the Red Emperor

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_kkbkt-Ej0FGYa0tonWyAnolJwkoEkX2dk3laEcLkrsUYlRLDjJRM-cvouhpI4P8PX>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 15:31:38 -0800

YGWV On 5/4/07, jorganos <joe_at_nEQmYx8DUjfcunBx188NwwHnVlVZL6ErCk3rAEIDRLFf1V9TXiUk6TuJpGDkq4-_nKyiRUphaQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:
>
> > Joerg:
> >>That article is explicit, unlike the passage in Fortunate succession
> >>(both agree on Doblian Sultanate being where Ignifer died). It has
> >>several other details wrong, like troops for the Battle of Castle Blue
> >>mustering from Glamour (founded in the First Wane, on the side of the
> >>Crater which did not exist yet),
>
> > Considering that the Crater is nowhere mentioned in the text, I
> > don't see a mention of Glamour as being wrong or impossible.

Gregging alert: that has to be a pretty old article. I don't have a copy, myself.

The text makes it sound like the city was used as a mustering ground.
> Now if there was a place called Glamour before Takenegi founded it in
> 1/3, the raising of the Crater in response to the moonrise surely
> would have razed any building nearby.

Glamour, the reat Lunar city, did not exist before the Crater.

> After all the Goddess had some reason for making the Crater
> > where she did, which makes a settlement there before its
> > official establishment there likely.

The belief is that this was the former location of Yuthubars, "The City of Spirit, where lived the Perfect Ones."

If there was a settlement she valued, surely she would have placed it
> on the surface of the moon?
>
> > Another source which may have escaped your attention
> > - the essay on Lunar Dart competitions in the Rough
> > Guide to Glamour.

What is the reference there?

--
Greg Stafford