Re: Glorantha / House of M

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_P6xUhc-RQ-lhJ4Xem1GwQFOT7vK2kgP-Dh8ic8DjuQ9g46uAPPFd6_N-3rQTqG6I>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:30:01 +1000

I've been thinking along similar lines a lot of late, not so much about alternative story streams (heck, that's what campaigns are for :)). but in establishing a generally agreed set of guidelines for playing in a Glorantha that is less troubled by some of its more overt seventies and eighties baggage: frr instance, Heortling gender constraints and cult strictures, and the overall essentialism. While this might be a 'G2' series of GAG conventions, it will probably always remain YGMV.

Just thinking aloud ... which always gets me into trouble.

Maybe we just need to wait until all the gods die, in about seventy years time. Between now and then of course, nothing but war and rumours of war, floods, earthquakes, cats and dogs living together ....

John

John Hughes
Publications Editor
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research College of Arts and Social Sciences
Hanna Neumann Building #21
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

T: +61 2 6125 0649
F: +61 2 6125 9730
W: www.anu.edu.au/caepr

CRICOS Provider #00120C

The CAEPR website has a large and growing electronic library of publications available
for free download, including Discussion Papers, Working Papers, Monographs and Topical Issues.