Re: Malkioni HQ Questions (Again)

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_GJurDJowMUlmrpXS9K_mukQ79qIGa-T-_s0-XKNQw-Tl-gJDlnz85iFzX8PCIeNvt6stkyr>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:55:24 -0700

YGWV Quoting Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_O7wTHWE83It8fLKQA5qgprC7UFRQ3FuFYVagzT9iR-TNJnLWhs7mL9LVaTqETSSbojpn35DdzI0KSJbtcNiUSOho6OfzJQ.yahoo.invalid>:

>> 6) And who *is* the Malkioni culture hero? Zzabur is certainly
>> prominent, what with being active *well* into History, but he doesn't
>> feel *right* to me for a culture based on him basically being a dick
>> to Moses *and* Jesus in the form of Malkion and Hrestol.
>
> Malkion is the culture hero in that he acts like Jesus does in
> his sacrifice. Zzabur's treatment of Hrestol is fair and balanced
> because of the chaos Hrestol caused while he was in Brithos
> after the Dawn.

Whether the murder of Hrestol is justified or not depends on whether the church in quetion respects him and his modern dispensation.

>> 7) Many, if not most, saints seem to have existed In Time.
>
> This is true and I think the appearance is wrong. The majority
> of Saints would have walked alongside Malkion during the Ice
> Age.

Excellent point Peter. EXCELLENT. Thank you. I would only quibble with the word "majority." I would suggest that these "companions of Malkion" are the largest group of beings through whom the westerns communicate with the Gods War Period for HeroQuesting.
On the Sorcery Plane these companions would be a large cluster of nodes through which modern, feeble people would access Malkion in his several nodes.
Look at the list of acts that Malkion is credited with in the Abiding Book. Each of those is has its own story, and even if the AB does not name the other individuals who helped Malkion in the tale, there probably is at least one.
Those nodes would be the ones to access the Gods War. It is possible that many wouldnot recognize these as "saints nodes," but as "event nodes" in Malkion's tale, the One True Story.

> Subsequent Saints would have only arisen only through
> a foundation of a new sect or order, some important magical
> discovery or participation in some great event. Simply going
> on a trading visit to Pamaltela (Men of the Sea p35) isn't
> sufficiently noteworthy IMO.

And remember that HQing is generally associated with the GL, and thus shunned by right-thinking westerners eerywhere.

>> How exactly
>> does this translate into Malkioni HeroQuesting - do these events
>> within time still have timeless reflections on the Hero Plane?
>
> The Malkioni quest on the Heroplanes and the important
> events of the saints are present in the sorcery world and
> the heroplanes.

Correct.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford