Re: Cannibal Cult

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_5qBAB-LlHyCHhXKEjV1QogkX6MVl7P_B0546p56f_fNVsTM6DalLwkjOHCP1kBx_>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:10:13 -0700 (PDT)

Adept asks about the Cannibal Cult. I am away from sources, but I think the sources are Nomad Gods and Drastic Prax. They are a group that survived the darkness by eating people. The speculative / folk story is that the Cannibal Cult misunderstood Waha's Covenant of the Eaters and the Eaten, and decided that everyone could be either and they preferred to be Eaters. They probably use a version of Peaceful Cut on people. They probably supplement their diet with plants in the same way that other Praxians do. I do not think that they have a founder or a protectress. I fail to see hw they could actually worship Waha, but maybe they do. I seem to recall that they have their own specialized cult, which I suspect gives them power from eating people. I know no details, but it seems likely that it is essentially ancestor worship of their ancestor who attended the Covenant, learned Peaceful Cut, and learned how to get power from eating people. If you  don't lke that one, they could worship Daka Fal, Foundchild, Helpwoman, and Dark Eater. Their shamans would be particularly terrifying, especially if they don't use Peaceful Cut. They are necessarily a small group. I can't see them marrying out or anyone marrying in, so I imagine that they either rape their captives, steal children, or are horribly inbred. No doubt, normal Praxians say all three.

I'll pass on implications connecting them to Oklahoma.

Chris