Dawn Age Teshnos?

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_unEjHiHUnFIIfPzLEE4l522q0prNIDUg5RkjE6HA1HoA-j1_TF1DY-N1XIT>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:26:50 -0400

Namaste all:

I've been running a campaign set in Eastern Glorantha for quite sometime, and I'm curious about exploring different historical periods via the Past Lifes of my various heroes. The Imperial Age is rather well detailed now thanks to Mongoose's RQ, but there exists scant information about what things were like in the Dawn Age in the East.

Here are some of my musings.

It seems like in Kralorela not much "changed" - in fact this age would be considered to a blessed uninteresting time where the people were not threatened by foreign devils. They do wage some military campaigns against Teshnos, and perhaps try to conquer Vormain? (Or is that in the 2nd Age?)

In the Eastern Isles, I believe there may have been something called the Mirror War (or perhaps that was sometime during the Demigods Cycle), and the rise of the Three Sages.

Not much is mentioned about Teshnos. I believe that Historangor (sp?) of Gach lead his army to conquer the isle of Melib from the Ashurtan demon-folk, but was trapped there and cursed by the ghost of the Blues to follow their gods. I trust that the Pentapartite Dynasty that rules in the Imperial Age controlled Teshnos politically in this time.

What I'm most curious about is if the Teshnans interacted at all with the First or Second Council.

I could see arguments for and against this: For: The Teshnans are located in Genertela, they are relatively tolerant and friendly to foreigners, and Nysalor's True Light could be connected somehow to lost Zitro Argon.

Against: The Teshnans are isolated in Genertela - with access to the sea controlled by the Waertegi, they may have not been able to travel across the Wastes to interact with Central Genertela. Being so innerwardly focused, they may have not desired contact with the Unflamed outer world. And many conservative amongst them would view Nysalor's philosophy as a corruption of their purer Celestial Fire teachings.

Regardless of whether they participated or not, I'm sure at least a few Nysalorian Riddler's trekked across the Wastes to bring the Bright One's teachings to the East. I also presume their involvement in the Gbaji Wars were minimal - perhaps some form of internal civil conflict arose between the Zitrs who accepted the Riddlers and those who did not.

Any thoughts others would like to share on this would be wonderful.

--
-Santo

"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."