Re: Demigod (and Hero) insight

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_Cyo7tq0y5qiiT3h_8jVjHcHTlci7vQOEfHffsj2Qtv1eKcycNMk9_-406jrr-IVMyU_>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:52:36 -0000

> > On 7/31/07, valkoharja <rintasaa_at_...> wrote:
> > A demigod that has a new power should propably have it represented
> > in HQ as a talent. Feats are emulating a deity afterall. It seems
> > a bit stange to be granting a feat to yourself.

[Andrew]
> Though I agree that this sounds reasonable, by the HQ version of
> Glorantha, the demigod can't be concentrated in order to use a talent
> as an active ability unless concentrated on the Middle World (or
> maybe the Lunar Way).

Is that so? Parhaps a talent is the wrong word then.

> So, assuming that a demigod is theistic, it can't be a
> concentrated theist and use talents at all (again, excepting
> Lunars). Perhaps natural magic is the way to go, like the puma
> people. All of this is assuming a desire to conform to the present
> form of the concentration rules.

I'm sure the demigoddess in question (A daughter of Yinkin) would have trouble learning sorcerous or spirit magic, so I guess that means she's naturally consentrated in theism. If natural magic fits the HQ paradigm better than talent, then that's the word to use.

What I mean is she has an ability called "shadow walking", that is her personal magical power she can develop, and if she get's worshipped her cultist can emulate as a feat.

  -Adept