Re: EpicCharacter Traits

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_d_ECC_clRHcfgQmhOL5Yw-7nJq28fl3NFA3tfdmjhLKx1ubxTT3yb0Pq8_6hznTP3F>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:05:30 +1000

On 15/08/07, Ian Borchardt <iborchar_at_tMiYcIMWBAxCstDuY9q9JHXL1gdNphcdwXyH3OAnvpTZp6lmNyQRDr8wnuj5jNcSTBN6Y4IgU52FoWX6.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> As to the counter argument of changing the canon campaign: if the
> players can't change the campaign, can't leave their mark on it, then
> why are they playing in it at all? It is extremely unlikey that a
> group of players could seriously incovenience one of the epic
> characters (remember they didn't get where they were by being dumb and
> they have considerable resources to call upon, and failing that
> *running away to fight another day*). But if they do, they've
> _earned_ the change in the campaign.

I agree with this, and I am *also* always harping on at players to "find another way" and attack an opponent's weaknesses not their strengths. I would expect that having a list of itemised weaknesses would make things a little too easy though. In HQ its not so much about where the opponent's masteries are, as it is where they *aren't*.

--
John Machin