Re: Example of a Heroquest in Play

From: Jakob Pape <chaomancer_at_N1dTpAKiLbx4DyFvbpfSNWpmhKPDFQB0HhyR3hnsCwqi4LoEpnGpKU7gsx8uoNWTg>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:08:27 +0100

On 8/18/07, David Dunham <david_at_pT5wwTuKGJ4UaJfqKtwcYK6SPThDjt8VTj5wWQQ4HCRaTVoYj_K-GANbSC0p2YsYngm2q1lk1ysyGA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Jeff
>
> > So why is it that we spend far more energy discussing how they want
> > Harrek's stats (or whatever) instead of discussing myths, background,
> > or themes in Glorantha?
>
> Because anyone can write "Kill Anything 10W4" but not everyone can
> come up with a myth. (Jakob, let's see yours!)

... is that a request for Harrek myths, or general Gloranthan myths? I have no idea about anything Harrek-y, you see. he never came up in the game I ran, though I'm starting to think he might appear in my next campaign.

If it's a general request, then I might have something to share, though.

Because we all have language to discuss stats ("No, it should be
> higher. And you forgot his Irritable 5W3.") but we don't have
> language to discuss myths
>
> I agree though that more of the latter would be worthwhile!

Absolutely - just because I'd like to see stats doesn't mean I don't want to read good stories about him too!