Re: Example of a Heroquest in Play

From: Jakob Pape <chaomancer_at_FlN39ag1N8PSFu_g8wPw05_AmKkeMjbytvk9RGeIzCgpZeV_aVDMDY_U_hvrKSiAk>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:03:58 +0100

On 8/18/07, Jeff Richard <richaje_at_w5Ef-5uIyfOXhcaC0CrpMF_Dt4ah6Xd45__OysGqw21wwJc6-C_DhHqGn6P0rq4nvF9eWQaBmoNw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> > Because to some of us, stats for Harrek are harder to come by than myths
> > that we can create, and we would like to know what others think his
> > abilities are. I have written my own myths, and there are a great
> many in
> > books and online. There are no stats for Harrek.
>
> Then tell us stories or background about Harrek. Harrek has been - to
> date - a force of pure destruction in all my campaigns and stats would
> have been meaningless (or as one player suggested, Harrek's combat is
> +M3 above the best player). But feel free to tell me a Harrek story
> where something other than combat might be useful!

Ah, well now, I don't want to fill in his background particularly - but if he turns up in a game, and he might, having stats to work from would be handy. it's easier to read them than several pages of myth for one thing. Plus, I was answering your question precisely, and telling you why I'd like to have some stats for him. It's easier to ask for stats than to write them - we're asking for help with them. We could discuss the myths, but interesting as they are, there's nothing that I want to say about them particularly.

Please don't take my position as a demand for more stats or suchlike. I am just saying that I would like see some, and would find them more useful than the equivalent word-count of myths about Harrek. If I want to use Harrek in a game, stats would help me more than stories, but stories are also very useful (obviously).

Ideally, I would prefer to have both the myth, and the stats. I don't have any myths about Harrek since he never turned up in a game; he'd be more likely to if I knew what he could do apart from kill everything. If all he has is Beat Up Everyone 20M[too many], that's stats enough to use (and thank you for giving me the benchmark you use for that, btw, it helps me see how other people rate his power); if he can also Play Chess 3M1, that's interesting.

Frex, we know that in 1615-1621, Harrek and his Wolf Pirates are
> destroying the southern coast of Genertela. Anybody know any good
> stories about his destruction of the Holy Country fleet in 1616?
>
> Jeff

I'd love to contribute something but I don't have nearly a good enough grasp on either Harrek or the Holy Country to write anything good.

--
Jakob Pape

"Sometimes subtlety comes in the form of large explosions and jammed open
airlock doors."