Re: What is your story was Re: Terror in War - Short

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_B9JGQan-rH-eQBGAQmIvnPw41G8YEk3gHdqPY_lOkg-Y-PGP5iUmD13v3GDaGNFYsMcamzL>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:37:14 -0700

Ian Cooper wrote:

...some serious wisdom here.

I am actually discouraged by the intense seriousness, and the need to be RIGHT that some of the participants to this list take.

> I am not sure that this 'quest for truth' we seem to embark on
regularly is ever productive. I do not think that you really want to ask the Heortling rebels commit atrocities. What you want to answer is: in my game do I want to represent the rebellion as having commited atrocities?

I want to second this. I am discouraged by people who want the truth, others who are driven to despair by it, and the fact that so many people seem to forget YGWV.

> Of course we would hope that people who respond should do so in terms
of the question, not to challenge the premise.

Another powerful point I'd like to see taken by everyone.

> If you want to tell a story that includes these elements then go for
it. It is a game and as such it is a tool to explore ideas. it doesn't really matter if Greg thinks it is so, or later produces a supplement with a different opinion of Kallyr, it just matters that you play the game that you want.

Another agreement.

--Greg