Re: Rightarm Islands - a word about the ships

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_eIKiXLTXJYZjKZMAW_6MM2d0yXk5dQGQe9c5zQsD4bbop4mQmpnGiEvoephbi1wv2is6>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 09:33:07 -0000

> > May of the deepwater ships even o the early Greek era wee not really
> > that different from medieval ships. Sure, add a forecastle or
> > something, but they are either fat tubs for the deep and cargo
> > carrying, or sleep oar-driven things for war. And let us not forget
> > that he Viking ships were pretty poor when at sea in a storm.
> >
> > --GS
>
> I guess that's true enough. I love the classical era, so I try to keep
> the look and feel of my portrayal of Glorantha consistent with it.
> Each of us to our own though. :)

I think you are misreading Greg's comment. Deepwater medieval ships were very similar to their classical and ancient predecessors. Fat tubs for the deep and for cargo, sleek oar-driven things for war.

> -Adept : who still has dwarven stoneships (concrete) and the living
> elven treeships... so much for history.

Which Greg just pointed out will be reappearing in Glorantha. It will be a dark day for mankind when the stoneships reappear on the seas.