Re: Ideas for game - travelling through Heortland in the summer of 1600ST

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_L4XgvThWEmn4dabOwx4J44mHG7FHD913NH_jsTPJU3-duMrmKa7O87yZzuQh7coMKk98>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:52:00 -0000

> Thanks for the list, Jeff. Funny how they go for
> immolation magic, considering that Orlanth is a Storm
> God. When I think about it, being caught up in a
> tornado would be more in keeping. Fire seems to tie
> in more with the Yelmic ideas of kingship, which
> Orlanth is emphatically against. A hangover from the
> old days?

Not at all. Orlanth has a LOT more to him than just rainy weather and strong winds. But this is all just a teaser so you all will purchase the Heortling Mythology book when we finish it!

BTW, I know people love to debate stuff like Orlanthi kingship or the history of the Volsaxings, but I really recommend you all buy copies of the History of the Heortling Peoples. $30 through Warehouse 23, $19.95 as a pdf from DriveThruRPG. I really recommend getting a copy.

Jeff