Re: Death of Orlanth

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_Pi_XzYl5wtQ4jR2wpSdp2twXrU-CZUGE-GiVKM-TUk1j2VzPRBCkgh6Hpqcf>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:27:17 -0000

> Hmm... it sort of sounds like there isn't a clear point when yinkin
> would have died

This came up in our game. We decided that Yinkin died in the myth behind the Catlight Day ritual (described in _Storm Tribe_), but that this was a cult secret only known to devotees. In our secret version of that myth, Yinkin dies awakening Orlanth so that Orlanth can continue the Lightbringer's quest, and Orlanth's gift of food to Yinkin is just a parting gift on the off chance that the cat god revives.

In our game, the characters used the Catlight Day ritual to revive Broyan from the icy refuge he used to escape Whitewall.