Re: Size of Glorantha

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_3Cuvb23x2Em1wv7whlDR8-fR2vArm2VEDf0Yjmy9gixjqb3d9rOgJti5a>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 20:42:48 -0000

> Skafell Peak (the highest point in England) is 3,210 feet above sea
level.
> The lowest parts of Sartar* are about 1,500 feet above sea level,
the
> highest peaks of Quivin probably double that.*
>
> **/I think./* I'll go and dig out my maps and see if I can find my
> "official" numbers.

In Dragon Pass we record "Mounts Ternveka,Korgradus, and Hareva all rise to 6,000' above sea level (impressively, over 3,000' higher than the land around them) and Quivin Mountain rises 7,000' above sea level. Most years, these five highest peaks are snow-capped year round. The Dragonspine Mountains rise abruptly from the surrounding hills and are sharp, almost triangular. They average 3,500' above sea level, with many
peaks rising over 4,500' and the highest reaching 7,000'."

We added the following errata on the web site:

The scale on this map appears to be incorrect, due to inconsistencies in the source maps. Based on analysis of older maps, we believe that Dragon Pass is approximately 10% larger than this map would indicate