Mississippi and the Oslir Valley (was Re: EWF Trade)

From: jorganos <joe_at_GM7sFY79dAG4PtTEwvUHQNbI4wc54b1vsYMKrFrsV2_HpjjjHdwxXQ7FvlC1drrCqLQIeFPJ>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:23:03 -0000

Me:
>> Point of these deliberations: Dara Happan culture appears to be
>> dependent on neither metal use nor cattle-driven agriculture. It
>> might as well be a New World civilization, with human labour
>> being the single most important productive factor.

Greg:
> One point, though: the plow-driven culture has been integrated into
> the Dara Happan culture, probably in the Dawn Age.

The Dekdari, integrated into Dara Happan populace by Jenarong (even before the Dawn)? As a conqueror, Jenarong wouldn't have cared much that his subject people really were two different ethnicities.

> So you find the
> river beds are irrigated rice fields, but the higher lands and
> hillsides are plowed.

Any idea when the plow was introduced? Since the Lod-Plow is different from the Hill Barbarian Barntar plow, I would expect it spread into Peloria from Pelanda, maybe by the Bisosae.