Re: Yanafal Tarnils & Humakt

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_npcMGQZLGuVXS7Ynsa5bLDSlYgcE4Rm4as1yXlsaeH0lgP2IhWoGfv1HoapHpH_>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:10:47 -0800 (PST)

Sounds interesting. Not the brightest thing to do, spying on a ritual of the Death God, but then, we're talking about adventurers. :-)

Your YT initiate should have some inside knowledge of the probable consequences. Such as the usual death penalty for such spying. Also, that telling the strict truth and nothing but the truth is an extremely good policy.

Vague thought - demanding that the YT initiate renounce YT, and swear to Humakt might be an interesting suggestion from one of the Humakti. If he says that he'd rather die than convert, I'm sure that the proponent would say, "That condition is acceptable.", while others might by impressed by the character's mistaken loyalty.

Depending on whether your Humakti have access to the some version of the Oath spell (RQ terms), that would be the easiest way for the group to be allowed to leave alive. Just have them swear never to reveal anything whatsoever of their encounter or knowledge, on pain of immediate death when the stored power in the spell attacks them. A ritual duel would also be appropriate, though probably very unequal in skill levels.

I wouldn't make it easy for them, of course. They've done a very stupid and impious thing, and deserve to pay heavily for the privilege of continued existence. I would make it clear that trying to fight their way out is just a quick suicide. Stacking the Humakti with Rune Lords plus numbers should make that abundantly clear.

Glad the potted description of the tensions between Humakti and Yanafal Tarnils adherents was useful. Thanks.

Anyway, have fun with them. Play with their minds, get them really worried, and if they deserve it, let them talk their way out of it.

Alison

Do You Yahoo!?