Re: Cults of Sylila ?

From: (wrong string) 掛川忠昭 <tadaaki.kakegawa_at_Zhxtfk8ADRsAecVISc1SS2HBWB_q-Ip4bL3cnTDDEcCrmLDNMqkYVdcUgE9>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:37:17 +0900

Hello sirs,

On Jan 19, 2008 6:12 PM, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ueBka14mRSZbVacDqd8qoKzSZVZfkMm6OR4GnkRdUlPSZU_zwQ2apJQvvhbqxNXyJJbCu4mANxSWVUeGwpb5WZazFArZ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Secondly even if Odayla replaces Orlanth Adventurous, the Sylilans
> still have to worship Orlanth Thunderous for the weather and Orlanth
> Allfather for the civilized arts.

Are there any Orlanth cults in Sultanate? I think Worship of Orlanth is entirely banned in Empire. Not true?

> http://www.glorantha.com/greg/q-and-a/dogGods.html

Oh, thank you for info! It is very useful!

On Jan 19, 2008 6:44 PM, Jeff Richard <richaje_at_nJzYMR2sxREtWcB0tJWM1SAZKwhf9_zvLahrcBWJrF1JV-6Waxa37QPhSnn75nCMTD4pD2vGGw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Two key questions - where in Sylila and when? Sylila consists of many
> tribes and cities from several cultures: Odaylding, Heortling,
> Talastaring, Dara Happan, Dara Ni, and even Carmanian enclaves. The
> gods of Jillaro are not the same as the gods of Cafol or Thubana.

I don't decide yet, but Syliling Hill in 1610s-20sis most likely. Or around Rist (Near Palace of Flowers).

> Check out the post I sent
> back a month or two ago, which summarizes some of the discussions Greg
> and I had about Talastaring Orlanth worship. Keep in mind that the
> Odaylings are different from the Talastarings.

I have read it and thought Ir is another name for Ernalda. There is many odd names and I think numerous little cults are there among Syliling, too.

> Hwarin Dalthippa and Hon-Eel are going to be important and widespread
> goddess. Hwarin Dalthippa is the patron goddess of Jillaro and of the
> rulers of Sylila. Then again, Jillaro is not really an Odalying city.

I guess Hwarin have Conquering aspect other than Builder aspect as in ILH-2.

> Finally keep in mind that the Odalyings have lots of little gods and
> spirits that the Heortlings and Dara Happans do not know.

As per Blood Over Gold ...
Thank you for information!

---
Tadaaki Kakegawa