Re: Mysticism and Dream Magic

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Gp3MumuvkCSTIPWbw1_HBq8X-hByXweJ1wcu08ixI1FUnxiPeYmoAsV5FQTa4Vp0x-Y>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:01:48 +1300

At 08:58 a.m. 1/03/2008, you wrote:

>Me> More on "mysticism"

>[...]

>I'm a bit confused here. It sounds like you can study all you want,
>increasing your ability all the while. But, as soon as you actually
>use it, it's frozen and your soul dies.

That's correct.

>Does the body keep living?

Yes.

>Is using mysticism an inherently evil act, or just misguided?

Using mystical insight for wordly power is a soul-destroying act.

> > Draconism
>
>[...]

>So it's like Mysticism in that once you actually use it, it's stuck?

Somewhat. If a part has been revealed, then other parts are still able to grow. But the overall progress towards the void is much more difficult.

>Is a revealed part permanently manifested (like you always have claws)
>or does it only show up when being used?

It only shows up when used but there's probably some tell when not in use (ie exceptionally long fingernails, a forked tongue, cats eyes).

--Peter Metcalfe