Re: Mysticism and Dream Magic

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Re1w4edvS3VxDRFAXa_xcf0GOHpsbKgZrRlu9Q5b33M5_y3yGmHMc9LqUK8btpfIinS>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 23:29:07 +1300

At 02:14 a.m. 3/03/2008, you wrote:

>Yup. Now I know I'm not articulating this the way I want. I'm trying
>to determine if there's just one skill, "Mysticism" that covers all
>uses of it, or if it requires interlinked skills that work together.
>Or, as an alternate, do you raise each individual Refute, but they
>freeze as soon as they're used?

Each mystical insight has to be raised separately. Just as in the real world, Orthodox Hesychasm will not help with Zen Koans so too will the wisdom of Mashunasan not help with understanding NiangMao's teachings.

On to the related point, whether all such mystical insights disappear once the fallen mystic abuses his Great Self for worldly power, my thinking is yes. When a Dark Monk decides to use his Bodatsu for the first time, his skill in Akorgat is also frozen (if he has learned it) and he forfeits the opportunity to learn any further fallen philosophies.

--Peter Metcalfe