Re: What Mostali Look Like

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_UtGzGuV7QrklY2aCUlLqT90mBecs-rUi3g1GMeb5JA3UyBYsgteVSbMB8V1DulhxQFiak85>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 10:25:03 -0700

YGWV donald_at_rlFqu7S5JIIa4JI1XAbicxkHLD9n2pGLBBX21dCzpWJYL33Uk2hJFHOZpeoakjiMDS5pqsW-gEYDVm8iW1A.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> In message <544979.21847.qm_at_7p452O2Fwxycux362VCvTEIQxAPpU8DArEh4RLHxZKx2C8yF9N8CxvnKkC_0RfymZMeIwQBzUwvVWQWRbI3QlKl9fkSeOrANDBduHZSuBUvY.yahoo.invalid
> <mailto:544979.21847.qm%40web23404.mail.ird.yahoo.com>> Felix Felix
> writes:
>
> I'm inclined to take John Hughes's suggestion a bit further and
> say humans are associated with the man rune plus a rune based
> on the mythical tribe they came from. So Dara Happens are man and
> sun, Orlanthi are man and storm, Ernaldans are man and earth,
> Praxians are man and beast. Then morocanth are also man and beast
> but herd men are just beast.

I've been saying this is the standard for a long time.

> Another interesting borderline case is the Aldryami. As a group
> they are associated with man and plant.

I'd suggest that the "elves" are associated with the man rune and plant rune. Other aldryami are not.

> While this is pretty
> straight forward for elves and dryads I'm not so convinced about
> runners and pixies. Then there are odd things like mobile plants
> who the Aldryami count as one of themselves but surely don't
> have a man rune.

To be a bit picky, the elves consider themselves to be mobile plants, with the man rune, but the "fighting trees" do not have the man rune.

--

    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,