Re: Mystics

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_KSBUJgg3ZvD8rHjhV_lGvXgWh0jTOgTVZcLNGyHuWGNzwTA3eMalqtdoYBW>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:38:22 -0400

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_YfOCZS7-2buduLROKpZzzOPwZ_3r99lojlCjsbdzfQaHmO9XvwpYACiiwgfjoq0lQPUmPINxw9boxa8.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> YGWV
>
> --- Tom <elysia69_at_lk2VkZct5UyswFhkFzBT3xssWUNw78UMVcwXI1Lym1UtZ-3XWlIwraGEOlTy49uv6L_ZkvavUM0O4Q.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> > 1) All the other types of magic have an otherworld
> > "helper", spirits,
> > daimons, essences. Do mystics have anything? Is
> > there a gloranthan equivalent of a bodhisatva?
>
> Sure, but a bodhisatva has only a very weak
> comparison, at best, to a spirit, daimone etc.

Are they weak in terms of masteries, or is a a weak analogy?

In my game, the appearance of any enlightened (or near enlightened) being into the world is exceedingly rare, but they tend to be quite capable. I've been running the start of the Hero Wars in the East, and when the terrible Andinni Demon Navy begins to sweep over the islands, at least one was saved by the brief appearance of the Bodhisattva of Mairnali.

--
-S. Santo Sengupta
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."