Re: Where does 'gyrda' come from?

From: Grimmund <grimmund_at_EuuIe30vzahabTOqUSNB3vTF4OrWVBbNSXpUewRJ8PP9HrvN1JbZdGFRnTxcUbIvU4F>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:52:42 -0500

You're welcome. Apparently I was having a stupid attack. Ash is the conjoined AE character, not one of the /th/ characters.

What I called "ash" in a fit of old-timers, is thorn.

http://acunix.wheatonma.edu/mdrout/GrammarBook2007/ch2.html

My bad. :(

So, yes, sing "Eth, ash, and thorn". :)

Or

Grimmund

--
Thegn Grimmund Blackwing, OP, Windhaven, Northshield
Dan Long, Appleton/Oshkosh/New London/Green Bay, WI

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have
to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin