Re: Glorantha Futures - A Cautious Appraisal

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_FCHbWGadcgakEpjEpNuF4ZbC_y48E90g8-jdimcc126IF0yrIQGHWbBCHEAVsbhSu7>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:12:38 +1000

2008/8/4 Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_hLoDMumasZdEJ-Ux-j_gzoASv98pgp8ZDfY7yDpefnrZii1gH5BG62HOW71BHOkDl28ZcuHudIG6wHbPo7MAblAVgsOv.yahoo.invalid>:
> On your second point, the loss of collaboration, prefer 'cock up to
> conspiracy' or even egos. Yes, the HQ authors are not communicating as
> well as we did. Time, perhaps, I don't know. I don't think there is a
> deliberate attempt to exclude. I do think there is a lot of human
> frailty and forgetfulness. Do we let each other down, sure. Heaven
> knows I can get it wrong and seem patronizing or unwilling to
> compromise to often in life. I have my tragic flaws as much as the next
> man, and I'm saddened by all those I have hurt or offended by them. But
> what's more important is how we try to change, when we do. I think that
> is what you are asking for. And I'm with you. Unlike RQ, HQ is no one's
> full-time job. Outside pressures come and go and things get dropped.
> Perhaps we need an author's mailing list. Perhaps we need to talk to
> Rick about what would make most sense off this list, to ease that issue.

As I said earlier, in my squeaky-newbie-voice, I think that the community (authors, publishers, everyone really) is pretty damn intimidating in its opacity at times. I'm pretty new to Glorantha, and I have been trying to get other people as excited in it as I was - but it is harder and harder to do so with a lot of the resources online winking out (MoLaD, Lokarnos), or becoming senescent.

Plainly we need an Issaries HeroQuest to sort this out. I'll add my meagre support if anyone is willing to plumb the otherworlds and attempt it?

--
John Machin