Re: Examples of the feminine side of the Lunar Empire?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_WUtezzj6BaSLWm19MunXDXZpTBrf4R2v_2X5DBNh3D9-ZSZi_yHLqzPbC0OaSBlsJ>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:09:53 -0700

YGWV On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Sam Elliot <SamLElliot_at_KA8PlHBLCRMyjGyhI4oD7h5ZnEKbcZ63kl5pXNI24W4xVidIbHSa25vcFydtjAINfQLB83CukepWnM8.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_cM08xFha6Bq5ubOHYhRIf2z7ilih3O0I5HAHE3ue8JjQHvYkBLcvkZLnhZH56qZosHZJkernk7DDuArbVx4.yahoo.invalid>
> wrote:
> > One thing more: to me the most mundane, crass and physical part of the
> > empire may be headed by the Emperor, a male figure who incorporates much
> > femininity into himself, but significant parts of the empire are run by
> [heavily snipped]
>
> I forget the details but the Emperor depends upon the Heron Queen for
> his authority in some fashion.

The Great Heron is the spiritual power land of Darjiin, with prehistoric rites that could never be uprooted. But the Emperor plays the "frog game" and loses to Her--abject submission of the Lord of the World (just like in her Creation story. And just like that story that frog is reborn, ruler of Darjiin.
Lucky him.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer