Re: Somme questions about bronze

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_dG0w8OHfQQ4YJjZdSxjIFEppH8SlmYDDCRNFV5T6-bGeIRy6t_sN4Qw0RB84Az8BQx0YO>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:42:49 -0700

>Wouldn't that imply a lesser aboundance of ore in the West as it is
>the former Land of Logic ?

Remember that "the world is made of everything". While the current West is predominantly monotheist, the real "Land of Logic" is lost - Danmalastan sank, Slontos sank, Jrustela sank... Seshnela, Ralios, etc. are simply the remains of what was once a lot more land, and there are still pagan Theists all around, or at least there were until they were extermninated in some places.

So *if* the only way to get metal is to mine the bones of the gods, then it stands to reason that dead worshippers = dead gods as well. Why else would that area be so strongly monotheist?

But *I* don't think "bones of the gods" is the only explanation for metal deposits. Yes, you can find bone-shaped bronze, but I bet you can also find metal in the earth just as we do in the real world. I'm not a historian of metal working and mining, but that would certainly be something to look into. Earth magic would go a long way towards making metal available.

RR