Re: Dumb questions

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_NEJjeMj5jmMcrfObZ8D9t8YCunUO_J2qvXbT0yzd1MpHSTwsvdICD5V4hcSw286-n>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 21:33:35 -0700

YGWV On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_-InzEPcvRXGZoSHTbdNa05smI3sA0hZIA6BKHdJeb3ca_IiSSKzLJl1Zowv1mg1EdkGpRt0DHOnDzqs.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> 1. Do Heortlings have the horse collar? Do the Lunars? (It is a type of
> harness that allows a horse to pull a plow through dense soil without
> choking.)

No, and no. Perhaps in Loskalm, though I'm not sure really.

> 2. When solars look at the sun using their magfical divine sight ability,
> what do they see?

An immense, intense radiant being of unmeasurable power. They see as much as they can, and call it Yelm.

> What do the Heortlings see?

An immense, intense radiant being of unmeasurable power. They see as much as they can, and call it Elmal.

What do animists (e.g. Praxians) see with their spirit sense?

An immense, intense radiant being of unmeasurable power. They see as much as they can, and call it Kargzant. Or Hendrenos. Or Patan. And so on....

> What do wizards see? What do sorcerers see?

An immense, intense radiant energy source of unmeasurable power. They see as much as they can, and call it the Sun.

> 3. Whatever each of them saw, what does it look like on the hero plane?

If it's the time with just one sun, then residents of the Hero Wars all see the mask of the Ultimate Sun with their understanding, which has a name such as Yelm or Hendrenos.
This affects their perception, so they all see what they expect to see. However, sometimes one of the entities might be stroner, and so even the Heortlings and Dara Happans would see only Kargzant, etc .

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer