Re: Heroquesting to travel

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_rEfx6yypduUOVroZHY8HpQlk1vmNW0FTrHJeOAnp6MtO3_MAhyrjdpBPnJLVkeDHh>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:54:38 -0700

YGWV On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_NozyZ_VZHauUM7wxjTUq-PLLjpMImgfq8tud-O4gckUjaj--XyPyaVwKYnAzsvhmIPu3M-hl1paCVTozJx4laVH4ScKt.yahoo.invalid
> wrote:

> At 05:15 a.m. 7/10/2008, you wrote:
>
> >How commonplace is Heroquesting? I remember hearing that Harrek the
> >Hsunchen "Heroquest'ed" while he slept?
>
> I think he was wide awake,

For me, he slept through it. I'll have to find my notes, but I'm pretty sure he was a youth then, and not the White Bear. I'm on the road now and without any references. Perhaps someone an cite references for his story?

>Further, that you can 'Heroquest' to
> >go somewhere..Ralios to Fronela.if memory serves?

As my previous post said, for 99.9999999% of Heroquests you will exit ONLY where you entered.

Sir Ethilrist.

One of those exceptions. The one whose deed tempts and taunts others to try to do the same thing.

> There's also the Westfaring quest from
> Dragon Pass to Luathela with various stopping points
> in Ralios.

But those points are in the Hero Plane, not the mundane plane. When Harmast visited Ralios on his LBQ it was the Hero Wars Ralios, not his end-of-first-age Ralios.

Just to note about this kind of thing: soon all of Glorantha will come apart as the Hero Wars begin. Those kinds of things will be done, and more. Exceptions always exist, and so there IS some guy who does appear on a bar stool every night and leaves some coins. Or someone who knows a way to go from here to there, by blinking.
And in the Hero Wars the exceptional becomes common, My perspective here is to present the way it is, now, under normal circumstances.

Also, Dragonewt Roads act as if they are telepotation sites for dragonewts. In the Dragon Age these roads covered the whole dragon empire, including from Peloria to Ralios.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer