Re: Shamanic resurrection

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_XRANpRmLqZ5ia1Y8N40SFRr1i6Cp5s-EbZmD9r-RPfMbIi0shO5gtkWyaTOy4bCh>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 23:12:27 -0000

Greg:

> Setting: the broken world, Darkness, mixed Life and Death
>
> Shaman must have power over Life and Death to separate them.
> He obtains this power by his power of resurrection, sometimes
> given to him, sometimes seized, sometimes discovered. The
> Traveler Back and forth is the one who controls the two worlds.

So, to simplify, is the shaman's core power the ability to spirit travel and all it entails?

(I think that includes the abilities to discorporate, find your way to various planes, find your way around them, recognize the things you meet there, interact with them, return to your body, and not have it posessed by something horrible while you were away. Maybe others?)

Put yet another way, is:
- the shaman's power over death the power to interact with dead spirits; and
- the power over life the power to interact directly with the spirits of the living (instead of through the medium of whatever the spirit is embodied in)?

Thanks,
Chris