Re: Shamanic resurrection

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_K2fFcWDLyXDzIbN9tSKWjj4jjFwKVKG3bYxLuWRP3MCkD1jH3iBydOCH_r2tCX0rN>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:35:01 -0700

YGWV On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_uGm1Ms7JJxZx1nAYUy_x325Lq6X2lwST0eDZcY_qAIlfcdJKtsixkHMAtsDXTS114TVC6vQQr4YdGs5D.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Greg:
>
> > Setting: the broken world, Darkness, mixed Life and Death
> >
> > Shaman must have power over Life and Death to separate them.
> > He obtains this power by his power of resurrection, sometimes
> > given to him, sometimes seized, sometimes discovered. The
> > Traveler Back and forth is the one who controls the two worlds.
>
> So, to simplify, is the shaman's core power the ability to spirit
> travel and all it entails?

Yes, all your descriptions are what shamans do, but the key core power is probably something like Master of Life and Death.

(I think that includes the abilities to discorporate, find your way
> to various planes, find your way around them, recognize the things
> you meet there, interact with them, return to your body, and not have
> it posessed by something horrible while you were away. Maybe others?)

Healing, Curing, Self healing, self resurrection, blessing, cursing

Put yet another way, is:
> - the shaman's power over death the power to interact with dead
> spirits; and
> - the power over life the power to interact directly with the spirits
> of the living (instead of through the medium of whatever the spirit
> is embodied in)?

That is not incorrect.
Those are things he can do, or does, or usually does...

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer