Re: Disease questions

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_bCbDvMCGs1-yQ59gtsCv7_qEixyWblnukGwPhm-Kh7xmcQlo52PoxJzHvO9g>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 01:11:38 +0000 (GMT)

Whilst the background would be more magical (and less clinical), and building on Donald's earler comment, I thought there was a Yelmic runespell called "Fight Disease" (or somesuch) written up in Gods of Glorantha and/or the Cults Compendium, which did precisely that.
Would it not have an HQ equivalent based on Yelmic myths about Yelm overcoming Mallia?
Richard Hayes

>At this moment, the term "bolster the person's health" as a
combat
>against disease rang as a concept that doesn't exist in Glorantha.
>I will cogitate upon that.

I would reword it as "strengthen a person's body and soul to resist the spirits of Malia". Or whatever the perceived cause of the illness.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/