Re: Disease questions

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_4SAASQYSu9u6BBff6DCGPmADq-TXY83QQZsOCGjl4ao_YYt-xySYxXFciRwVg2hIvt>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:51:58 +1100

I don't think that Apollo or the OT God had any issues about being polluted with the dross material of the Mortal World (outside of certain later mystical beliefs) - Yelm certainly seems to have this sort of thing going on so I have trouble imagining him being a source of sickness. Being the source of protection from sickness, who withholds it from the unrighteous (or who * cannot* protect the unrighteous - perhaps this is a bit Mostali-esque for some?), fits better for me. Being the master of horrible entities whose leash He lets slip also fits for me; I presume Shargash in some aspect in order to avoid the multiplication of deities.

Apollo and the OTG share some characteristics with Yelm, but I'm convinced there are some significant differences too.

2008/12/22 Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_rpxO0aqEx0MwbYc4sHTtGDkfr1ytYV1GaBJRhAlLZEdqNqOV2xZm9pPNgOV0BeYPwjkTY0PMlxwB8_W0-vUtDJ4g5jkN.yahoo.invalid>

--
John Machin