Re: Battle of Grizzly Peak

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_3S-0v87B7fY-PjGqCg7xvh54faeHMdh1XzXB-uP0FxXqRjf3WTMNrjP1Ap6gYgK29rm>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:48:06 -0500

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Stewart Stansfield < stu_stansfield_at_3_TEVn7VTSp04EB3OE79ETJ90kqRb-CKjebGVOgW97_ELNBW3FvAg5z4VJ8uam5_SXau-qSl52FvYD8c0FvQeatds2lP.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I had a similar interest a few months back, Peter, and I'm afraid I was
> similarly stumped. It's a prominent event woven into many histories,
> but largely left to the imagination.
>
> One quick note I will add: if you're interested in participants, many
> writers use this key event in the histories of the tribes they're
> interested in. Greg, in his descriptions of the powerful Colymar (also
> in KotS), has its king present at the battle. John, in his writings on
> the Far Place, has Tarful Darkshield, king of the Tovtaros, present.
> David and his fellow contributors on the Greydogs &c. (e.g. TotRM #18-
> 20) have Lornar, king of the Lismelder, present. I, interested in...
> ('Yes', sadly.)

Well, darned. I was afraid of that. I was imagining that almost all the Tribes of Sartar had some people at the battle, so it's pretty easy to put losses anywhere they are needed. I was kind of hoping for something on Moraides' troops and tactics (it seems like some of his experimental magical ideas might have had a hand in the victory, although the Philosophers don't even have a Wyter according to Tarsh in Flames...)

Peter Larsen

PS. I just realised that that should be "King of Sartar," not "King of Dragon Pass" in the original comment....