Re: Why is the Wenelian tradition anti-bird?

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_l0qC9eoLDqOV4w80s1_rypRKfYiZTZYOETwa_x8E6saWRGZ1xSUk_kkYPzwhZ5>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:56:20 -0700

That ties in a little with a question I've had for a while: Are there any water fowl in Glorantha? Do ducks, puffins, seagulls and penguins exist as small water-living birds (some of which fly), or are all such creatures affected by the curse/blessing that created Ducks and Keets?

If there aren't any, then why are Geese so prominent in Esrolian lore?

If you have read the Ducks book by Mongoose Publishing, they suggest there are no such waterfowl. And that Geese-Keets are rare and dangerous things. But a complete lack of birds on the seas and oceans just seems sort of strange to me. Fish everywhere, perfectly safe from birds because none of them can approach water.

Are there any waterfowl lore I've forgotten from Darjiin that would indicate that these are not all affected by the Duck curse?

--Todd