Re: a Gloranthan Lex Mercatoria? (was City Orlanthi)

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at__UNcJ3NHgo2xMTiTYnnxQbbPuSd8Uy4Rrz8X4Vs_VC49YPV58LftC8sO_OdtayBu7c1RR>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:07:33 -0000

The Trader Princes have this attitude though it has sort of segued into a mostly-noble obligation to mediate and shepherd the benighted locals. They somehow found themselves the only people anyone trusted in Wenelia (such as that is) and have parlayed their solid lock on intercommuinty trade into a loose suzeranity of the surrounding clans.

Dealing fairly with outsiders - provided they behave - is part and parcel of Castelain's way. And I still have no idea if Caselain wasn't reconstructing the Issaries-goes-West myth in reverse. I dislike things being too recursive but it is deeply tempting...

Hope this helps!

Jeff