Re: Sneaking into a rokari mass / reading : your opinions

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_NWsQ-EAs2jmUinTuVSrOzHu6rlrQEOLqTVzhC2jRLfh4bT48IodBeKExWDiXKoAaUJy>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:14:03 +0000

Todd Gardiner wrote:

> With the readings and the chanting, Malkioni services remind me more of a
> Torah service at a synagogue than a church service.

Yes, I'd agree with this. As Jeff rightly points out, there is no equivalent of the eucharist, for example.

> The focus on the Torah if very similar to the focus on the Abiding Book,
> which is read in ceremonial form as part of the service. To me this is
> different than a Christian church service; which is as it should be, since
> this isn't Earth and these aren't Christians (nor are they Jewish).

There are, of course, some elements of Malkionism that do look rather Christian. But there are also some that look Islamic, Jewish, or, in many cases, that have no clear parallel in our world at all. At least, such has been my interpretation.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/