Re: Sartar: KoH - Kangharl questions!

From: hcarteau_at_Z2nIPBQGHN1TumazAZz5pPVjs48eBFIcaJSPqze3yn-YQZxFON120_YMuNn3WeHT0cx
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:16:11 +0100

> 1) Things were sudden, spectacular and quick, so much so that the players
> learned something important: even mighty NPC like Temertain or Fazzur are
> likely to be surprised when they are confronted with a daring individual
> action. (Eh, we play "HeroQuest", not "Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck RPG"!)
/// Hear hear ! That's what I have the remind my players from time to time : this is HEROQUEST, no "wimp-quest".

> (snip) But in our game, I think Temertain,
> maybe advised by Fazzur, will use Killer Branduan, imprisoned in the Stone
> Room because of the duel at the Temple of Death (he had no gift likely to
> mellow Temertain... and no sex story with Estal Donge!). "Swear you and your
> kin will raid harshly the Orlmarth and you are free!", that kind of deal...
> Really, Fazzur should love that. ;-)

/// So do I. It's twisted and elegant. Plus, you recycle a NPC in a new light and make him a recurring villain with powerful back-up. I love reccuring NPCs, they give players a sense of continuity.