Re: Aluminium facts

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_prdoORqdFsb2ec41wgDZ1QtuGjyrtPTjRIRovjR2vxm3k1J25kuwPEiaiuqV_JLEVCb>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:18:56 +0000

hcarteau_at_Eb98PgmGnjpITPtaxRIRmQh9BFrq0rL5YaBQJfuTCvqc5p50opEv0CI2fBMQEocWplt_2hMijgk.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Now all I need to know is the link between quicksilver / mercury and
> aluminium,
> if there is any, in the real world.

There is no link in the real world. Well, other than they're both kind of silvery and are elemental metals obtained from a reddish ore (and you could say that of iron).

> In Glorantha I understood that aluminium was
> the solidified state of quicksilver, the metal of water, wich natural
> form is of
> course liquid.

Yes; I don't think real world chemistry is much of a useful guide when it comes to... well, anything much in Glorantha, really, but certainly not aluminium/quicksilver.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/