Re: Alynx can be accepted by Lunars?

From: oomizuaovenrashorana <oomizuaovenrashorana_at_hlPk4ihpQs1Hx7BRNPINoovBXGKGSSFOaup9jYFhFBg_R7igdIwQmjx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:04:36 -0000

Thank you very much for your quick and detailed answers. It becomes more interesting and intriguing.

> The connection between alynxes and humans is
> the relationship between Yinkin and Orlanth.
> I do not believe that non-Orlanthi can domesticate the alynxes.

It reminds me the hsunchen tribes, Black Horse Order and Cwurl Toran's wardog. For relationships between human and animals, a mythical event or hero guesting seemes to be the keystone.

> They would be more likely to keep lions and sabretooths as pets (not
> domesticated, mind you, more like pet tigers in the real world).

Or some specific animals which have clear connection with deities/sprits only need that kind of special backgrounds? Humans can befriend with animals like dogs, houes cats, horses and lions. (Of course last case is still dangerous, albeit possible.)

> and frankly are a little shocked that
> the Orlanthi live with half-wild cats the size of lynxes
> (usually between 20 and 60 pounds)

The size of some dogs is almost the same. At first, they are likely considered large domesticated cat breeds in Dragon Path. Because so many alynxes are actually pets and companions of Orlanthi. But it will be very shocking
when would-be owners notice alynxes are not tamable other than Orlanthi, and they are wild like lions and tigers.

By the way, thank you for your revelations, Mr. Jeff and Mr. Metcalfe.