Re: Nice or not-so-nice Esvulari ?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_3XiIv5r6hI9UZYe6LR2_lyPfFyKKqy1jSmeFuZ5UHfCokfRMRZpNYVR_fjm6aZv9w11>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:06:14 +0100

hcarteau_at_38WHQmaY-MIYHOASuXa3CCrGcBSrbFWW73cIe2ikR9Bf5eyfErbmP9wPtp0YTkKPovXcPYQ5jfyoPsw.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> > This raises a somewhat interesting (if tangential) question. If I'm
> > reading you right, you're saying that, while YGWV and you can make the
> > Esvulari 'nice' in your game if you want to, they're not a particularly
> > good choice for this. That seems fair enough, but the question arises:
> > if you need that sort of thing in your story, what *is* a "good" choice?
>
> /// Easy answer : whatever fits YOU and your players. You're the
> customer. You
> take what you want and discard the rest. No need for philosophy there !

Well, of course - and I don't think anyone was disputing that. But the message I'm getting is that the Esvulari are quite a poor choice. Sure, you could make (say) the Praxians all fluffy and cuddly if you wanted, but that would be a massive change from the established canon and from likely future material. Just because you can do anything you like doesn't necessarily mean that all possible things are equally easy. So what I'm asking is, what group would be the best fit for this sort of thing - I gather it isn't the Esvulari (which is fine), so who is it?
--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/