Re: 1:72 scale Glorantha

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_Mwt2nrFHvpsONnY-pAI1OAmg0YODizoarjIiaM4QPBsWb3j_wA09Rh1F5DQYOpEM>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 07:03:47 -0700 (PDT)

Keith says:
> I can't get the idea out of my head that a lot of the weird monsters in both
>Glorantha and D&D come from
> out of scale toys (e.g the rust monster) or stuff just being handy (like the
>chess pieces in the Cradle
> scenario seem like they were probably represented by chess pieces in minature),
>or more literally, feety
> (like Gonn Orta could have been represented by a pair of shoes).

At Sandy's this weekend, we had to negotiate past the AFLAC duck standing guard outside the Vadeli temple. It took us half an hour to figure out what we were facing because it was as much larger than our characters as the toy was than our lead miniatures. (Yes, he tried to sell us insurance. No, this probably won't make any sense to the non-Americans, so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aflac_duck#Aflac_Duck.)

Chris