1:72 scale Glorantha

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_pqY88sw5zFXPvUHBaWDpNo40B1ZVGhyB40lIrzPFe8aQw8dWnxUzg8Y3dWH4IE>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:22:32 -0000

When it comes to scale models, 1:72 scale is my favourite. I may have mentioned before that if money, time and space were no object I'd like to build a 1:72 scale model of Pavis and the Big Rubble, like a Gloranthageeks model village. Of course, this is unlikely to happen but I can at least imagine what would be needed to make certain Gloranthan entities to scale.

Gonn Orta, at 450ft, converts to 6'3", so he's basically a tallish bloke in a 1:72 scale world.

Mother of Monsters converts to 1.39mtrs tall, with feet 14cm in diameter, and a mouth almost 1 metre wide. I'm still not really sure what the Mother looks like. I picure it as almost like a space hopper with 4 legs.

The Block, a 2km per side becomes a 27.7mtr cube.

The Green Dragon, the smallest of the three Dragons in Dragon Pass, is 15000ft long, which would be a model 208feet, 64metres, long. That's huge. Imagine a 64mtr long model dragon, surrounded by 1:72 scale plastic soldiers and I think it really helps imagine how awesomely huge True dragons are.

Keith