Re: S:KoH Nandan?

From: ryancaveney_at_-igCp7WCKMW6IGdF5cZyPCbm4QtjdURJ2gvi99yORwIp0b8WTUyRN1lquHUe2Lvh
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:10:39 -0800 (PST)

Greg Stafford wrote:
> it is not actually composed of men at all.
> It is composed of women with penises.
> Nandans are women, not men.

Good, that helps us understand.  So, is there a cult through which men with penises can worship Ernalda, or is wanting to worship Ernalda in the first place a sign that they really have been women all along?  Put another way, what does being a woman mean in your statement?  It clearly can't mean "someone with female sexual organs", but is a woman someone who acts like women typically act, someone who feels she is a woman regardless of how she looks or acts, or is there some other way to tell?

Greg Stafford wrote:
> I have no desire to force my own humanistic, mythic version of
> Gloranthan reality on others, which is what YGWV is all about.

At present, I'm mainly interested in finding out exactly what your version of Gloranthan reality is. :)  My concern is not whether my Glorantha varies (and it does, in much larger ways than this), but rather to discover how much Greg's Glorantha varies within itself from place to place and over time.  The Storm Tribe cult of Nandan (which uses male pronouns, by the way, which is why I have been doing the same) claims that all Nandan cultists are women trapped in men's bodies, but in this discussion you've also said that some of them are in fact men, just ones who do women's work.  My question at this point is how much that varies in your Glorantha.  Is ST's "all" an 85% all, a 99% all, or a 51% all for the one tribe or clan from whose perspective those two pages were written?  What fraction of other Sartarite clans would agree with that?  How different are the answers between post-Lunar conquest Tarshites and pre-Pharaoh Heortlanders?  I can of course simply make all this stuff up myself, but I'd like to hear your version of more details if you have them.

Ryan Caveney