Re: Unmanageable disease

From: hcarteau_at_FoG_FRQ0rb7WZVjnpdwDkoh_Scb95VQA8yY2SsxFVe3gw2VVFw5DGAMVBWahgpFhpq0
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 19:23:18 +0100

Did disease exist before malia turned bad ? Wasn't there any sickness in the Golden Age ?
Probably not, IMO. Which is part of what makes it so Golden.
/// Wouldn't that have been the Green Age ?

Disinfectants can be things that ward off evil spirits, after all.
/// True. Many things seen as "ceremonial" would have actual, practical reasons
and effects - in another world. In Glorantha, I'm not sure about the universe's groundworks. Something happens because it did so in a Myth. Is there room for naturalist explanations of any kind, I wonder.

I remember the RQ rokari had a "Neutralize Wound" spell, simply using Logic to dispel this illogical phenomenon.

One of the unofficial healing cults I wrote up for Kingdom of the Flamesword uses this sort of approach. So, naturally, I endorse it as an option :)
/// Goody ! So can members of this Order also "Neutralize Poison" or "Neutralize
Disease" ? Would their Secret be "Neutralize Age" ? The mind boggles. What's their name anyway ? I like the idea of cold, Logical healers as a counterpart to compassionate Xemelans. For these guys it would be about the intellectual challenge, the research for a Logical solution. I guess their Healing Magics wouldn't include anything about analgesics and Comfort Song. It could hurt like hell to be fixed by them. It'd work but everybody'd prefer to go see a nice Xemelan sister.