Re: What does death by "natural causes" look like in Glorantha?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_vBQyDt69aRawqz10sL4t13sN34wx3pP-b7DKXg0J8K2EMX0MHw1okf2iOXEPnaZITBg_>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:35:35 -0000

> > Strikes me as odd to assume that CA temple hierarchies are not swayed by someone paying
> > for a new wing in their hospital. Easy for them to think "he gives us the resources to do
> > more and better healing, and the longer he lives the longer his support continues."
>
> I'm sure some individuals are swayed by such things. Others do what their goddess tells
> them which may appear insane to ordinary people. IMG messages from your god(dess) are
> often real and best followed. YGMV.

Remember, Glorantha is not the modern world (or even the medieval world). Frex, the local ruler (the Satrap of Sylila, Queen of Nochet, King of Sartar, Despot of Thubana, etc) may show their respect to the White Goddess and Her healers by building Her a new temple, hospital, or whatever. Of course the temple reciprocates that support and blesses the local ruler. But that's not payment for services - that's just the way things are supposed to be - indeed, the custom may be that a senior member of the temple is an advisor or even companion of the local ruler.

Jeff