Re: [Art Links] Where in Glorantha is this?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_6f7IDfIt8UPE88TT-_p8ohlmGDsh_NaSHfAB6ZE1oyIsGnRsbEpkB0SsN2FGlwCHAnTN>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:09:46 -0000

> > Someone on RPGnet just posted a link to some gorgeous artwork.
> >
> > The link is here:
> >
> > http://slavs.org.ua/vsevolod-ivanov
> >
> > My question to you all: Where in Glorantha is this? Is this Orlanthi? Somewhere in the West?

Let me wear the hat that I often wear with Simon Bray - that of developing the "look" of Glorantha and put my two cents in. First off, I do not think that these are Malkioni settlements. Too many divine guardians and idols (especially in pictures 3, 10, and 11). The presence of Beast People suggests Dragon Pass, although they could also be a remnant beast cult (in Fronela or Ralios). Most likely most of these pictures depict towns or settlements in the "Barbarian Belt" on either side of the Western Rockwoods; maybe Peloria, maybe Ralios, or maybe Fronela.

Jeff