Your advice over my BoG campaign

From: hcarteau_at_yTYyz3mu5G43QJVcxwfF21cG9pIGL1hrxDFEjtTs2DLpRRPc4JCY9_okb1Cjc85oM5R
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 18:21:25 +0100

First, let the players in my Fay Jee campaign (you know who you are) turn their eyes and be gone from there, lest Caselain strikes you mute and robs your legs of Motion.

O.K. I hope they're gone now. Here goes.

After 25 games, and with the aim to close the Campaign in 6-7 more games, I am going to kill Prince Yorge. He's doomed. He'll go in Fay Jee's demesne to try to break it to his will and die. Then there will be the whole mess of succession to handle. At least that was the original plan.

But players are a plotting, unpredictable bunch. They want to accompany Prince Yorge in this arduous trip - ie they want to go to hell with him. Their aim is to discuss with the demon the return of its heart - which they found - against a peaceful departure at worst, or a redefinition of its duties at best (ie configurate it so it can fight threats from the seas).

Another reason why they want to go is that they have understood that Yorge is tired of life and probably wants to die. They even thought about making him the new city guardian !

How, in your opinion, do I handle this trip to hell, discussion with the demon and then Yorge's death, so we can play the succession story ? If they go with the Prince and he doesn't come back, they'll be accused of his murder.

Oh yes : one of the PCs has Yorge's true will. He has a very high relation score with the Prince and he gave it to him for safekeeping, abjuring him not to open it "before it's time". This character is nicknamed "the pure" and hasn't done it so far.

If you have suggestions, I'm all ears. Many of your previous ideas have found their ways in my campaign, to everybody's satisfaction around the table !